To celebrate International Women's Day on March 8, SmiLe Incubator is holding an event in Lund at which six female business leaders will inspire the audience by discussing innovation and entrepreneurship. The panel includes the founders and CEOs of the companies: Medow, OncoSignature, Speximo, Apoglyx, Red Glead Discovery and Xintela.
More than one third of the companies at SmiLe Incubator have female founders or CEOs. To celebrate the accomplishments of women on International Women’s Day, we are holding an event at which these business leaders will share their experiences relating to starting companies based on their innovations and developing them into profitable companies.
Here are some of the questions we plan to ask the panel: What caused them to take the step to start a business; How important are various female networks; and last but not least, What particular challenges have they faced, perhaps precisely because they are women.
The event will be held from 2-4 p.m. on March 8
in SmiLe Incubator’s premises at Medicon Village, Scheelevägen 2 in Lund.
Tomorrow, participants will become inspired and receive advice from:
– Malin Sjöö, researcher and CEO of Speximo, a company that was founded following the discovery of a starch with special properties and is developing a product based on this discovery;
– Kristina Masson, researcher and CEO of OncoSignature, a company that develops services aimed at pharmaceutical companies that can make their research more efficient by identifying the people who can respond to a treatment;
– Martina Kvist Reimer, Vice President of Red Glead Discovery, a company that offers development services to pharmaceutical companies; she is also the former CEO of Apoglyx, a startup company that is developing a drug candidate to treat diabetes;
– Frida McCabe and Linn Wrangmark, who hold degrees in engineering and are the founders of Medow, which develops effective and colorful medtech products, including a bracelet that holds dialysis tubes in place;
– Evy Lundgren-Åkerlund, researcher and CEO of Xintela, a company that is listed on First North and that is developing a drug to treat diseases such as cancer.
To register, or for information regarding the event and Smile Incubator, please contact:
Elisabet Ottosson, Communications Officer at SmiLe,
tel: +46 (0)707351733, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit our mediaroom
Sponsor is the project "Open Lab Skåne", funded by EU and Region Skåne. Open Lab Skåne is a collaborative project between Malmö University, Lund University and SmiLe Incubator. Our mission is to facilitate innovation by opening up our laboratories and enabling access to equipment and expertise.Vistit www.openlabskane.se
SmiLe is a business incubator within life science based in Medicon Village in Lund. SmiLe helps entrepreneurs and startup companies to develop and commercialize new ideas. Our main task is to help the management teams of these companies to navigate the complexities of business development, financing, recruitment and risk management. There are currently 20+ companies in SmiLe, which together with alumni have attracted more than 175 MEUR in venture capital to date since 2014. Approximately 100 people, representing around 20 nationalities, and almost 50 percent of whom are women, work at SmiLe incubator. The opportunity also includes an acccelerator for early startups, Health2B, and an infrastructure that is unique of its kind in Sweden, with well-equipped laboratories and advanced instrumentation. SmiLe is also a community consisting of experts, business advisors, incubator companies as well as alumni companies, which when combined provide a unique opportunity for Life Science Industry startups to benefit from their extensive collective experience. SmiLe has its major financing from Lunds university, Lund Municipality, Region Skåne och Medicon Village.